Welcome to our new blog post in our ‘Hair how to’s’ series. This week we’re showing you how to create the high wrap-around ponytail, a chic update on a classic hairstyle.
We all know how to put our hair into a basic ponytail, right? But this ponytail is slightly different and a lot more sophisticated. It’s quite simply very stylish, is perfect for either day or night and best of all is really quick and easy to do. So, using the video and step-by-step guide below, have a go at this one (and don’t forget to send us your pictures):
HOW TO CREATE YOUR OWN HIGH WRAP-AROUND PONYTAIL
- Take the front section of your hair and pin it at the crown. Don't scrape it, keep it slightly loose. This will give the front section a little volume; spray with hairspray to hold
- Scoop the rest of the hair into a ponytail, joining the front section of your hair to the rest of your hair - secure with a hairband and pull this slightly tighter
- Take a small section of the longest bit of your hair and wrap it around the bobble. Pin the hair to the ponytail, making sure you push the pins down into the ponytail so they are hidden but are very secure. Depending on your hair type you may be able to get away with only using two pins, top and bottom, but the more you use the more secure it will be. You can use normal hair grips but fine bobbin pins are slightly wider so you may need fewer of these. Spray the hair around the ponytail for and extra hold and to prevent loose strands coming out of the grip
- To smooth the ponytail, use Lifeshine Oil - rub a couple of drops into your palms and smooth through the ponytail - it can also work on any wispy side bits too
- Spray into place for a final finish and hold, but if you prefer the more relaxed look then this may not be necessary